Lane Cove Golf Club would like to provide you with our policy regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We would also like to assure you that the well-being of our customers and staff is our highest priority. Lane Cove Golf Club continues to take its guidance and direction on the Coronavirus matter from the relevant expert local health authorities, such as NSW Health. This advice is monitored on a regular basis.
We understand that patrons are feeling cautious in regards to their own health, and that of their family members. We would like to assure you that we have further increased precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of our customers and staff.
All of our staff have received instructions on enhanced hygiene and safety protocol. Staff are asked to be diligent in their own personal hygiene, using soap and water to wash hands thoroughly, and hand sanitiser where available. Staff have been informed to seek medical advice and self-isolate if they are showing the symptoms of Coronavirus or have been in contact with someone who has, or is suspected of having, Coronavirus.
Our cleaning staff have also been asked to be more detailed in their cleaning of common areas including the entrance foyer, bar area, bathrooms and club furniture/equipment.
Lane Cove Golf Club COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Policy: Effective from 18 March 2020
The Board of the Lane Cove Golf Club has considered the risk to the club’s staff and patrons regarding the current outbreak of the COVID-19 Virus (Coronavirus) as well as having spoken to the Lane Cove Council and reviewed the NSW Government Health Website. Following the Board’s review, the Board suggests patrons and staff adhere to the following policy:
- You acknowledge that you are entering our club at your own risk;
- To consider the health and safety of other patrons and staff and decide whether or not to attend events at our club;
- To either use any available hand sanitiser or wash your hands thoroughly on a regular basis;
- To avoid kissing and hugging others;
- To avoid shaking hands of others;
- To keep a distance of 1.5 metres between you and other people where possible;
- To not cough inside the club if you can make it outside. Please cough into your elbow (not hands);
- If you are feeling unwell, to please leave the premises; and
- If you are physically sick whilst on the premises, to please notify our staff and leave the premises.
The effective implementation of this policy will require the support of all patrons and staff, as it is beyond the capacity of our club to police every instance. Please be alert to any presenting symptoms related to a fever or respiratory difficulties. These include a cough, shortness of breath, rapid breathing, a sore throat, or a runny nose.
As directed by Government and Health authorities the Club provides services to members and guests in full compliance with restrictions set in relation to the number of persons that may gather indoors for non-essential activities. In the case of Friday Night Jazz, this event has been postponed until further notice.
Lane Cove Golf Club will keep patrons advised of further developments, should they arise.
You may find helpful information at the following links and via the infographics below:
- Coronavirus Health Alert: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- FAQs: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/alerts/Pages/coronavirus-faqs.aspx
- Health Information Line: https://www.health.gov.au/contacts/coronavirus-health-information-line
- Advice for the Public: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
Last Updated: 27 May 2020